Monday, February 7, 2011

Snowed In and Rockabilly Birthday Cupcakes!





If you live in the Northeast of the US (or any region this winter!), then I'm sure you can easily relate to this cupcake.  I found the idea on one of my new favorite blogs - The Daily Mixer and I just had to make them!  Of course I ordered everything needed to decorate the cupcakes from www.layercake.com...  Do you think that was the intention when they posted the idea on their blog?  :)  Same with the Rockabilly cupcakes I made for a coworker's birthday.  I purchased a kit that contained various decor - nonpareils, cupcake toppers and papers.  I decided I'd just sprinkle the cupcakes with nonpareils and top each with one of the various toppers included in the kit.  They're very kitschy, which I love!

Oh, by the way - The cupcake is a gingerbread cupcake which is topped with a lemon cream cheese frosting.  Uh-may-zing!

No comments:

Post a Comment