Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Pie


One of my favorites treats this time of year is pumpkin pie.  I'm not normally a big pie fan - I'd much rather have a cupcake or a piece of salted caramel more than I would crave a piece of pie.  But pumpkin pie seems to hold a place in my sweet tooth's heart!  I don't know if it's the perfect ratio of crust to creamy, pumpkin-y goodness or what, but it's one of my favorites!


I pinned a bunch of pumpkin pie recipes over the past couple of weeks, but I decided I'd stick with a basic pumpkin pie.  But instead of my usual recipe, I took a chance and used the one from the back of the pumpkin can.  The difference between the recipe I used today and the one I usually use is this recipe uses sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk.  I was happy with the results and I would definitely make this again. It was so simple to throw together since I took a shortcut and used pre-made pie crust.

I enjoyed my pie directly from the tin as is (I guess I'm a pie purist!), but this would be equally delicious with a side of bourbon-spiked whipped cream or a drizzle of salted caramel sauce!  This would make a nice addition to your Thanksgiving table.

The recipe can be found here.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment