Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cooking Light Chocolate Chip Cookes


I was craving chocolate chip cookies yesterday but I've been trying to be good about what I eat - Especially since I've been sick and haven't been able to exercise as often as I'd like!  I found a quick recipe in one of the Cooking Light cookbooks I have and got to work.  The dough came together pretty quickly as chocolate chip cookies usually do.  The dough is a bit softer than many doughs but I think it's because it has less butter than most recipes - Strained applesauce replaces much of the butter.  The recipe called for semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I had bittersweet, milk and semi-sweet on hand so I decided to use all three.  YUM!  What is better than a triple-chocolate chip cookie!?  I can't think of much!








While the cookies baked the house filled with the wonderful aroma of chocolate.  These cookies did not disappoint - They were chocolatey, gooey and chewy.  You can hardly tell that these cookies are low in fat and and calories.  The best part about these (besides the chocolate; can you tell I love chocolate?!) is that they are only 78 calories and contain less than 3g of fat per cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment