Monday, March 26, 2012

The One with the Jam

Anyone else know why I chose this particular episode of Friends for the post's title?  The following is a (big) hint:

Joey: Remember when your mom used to drop you off at the movies with a jar of jam and a spoon?
Rachel: You're so pretty.


You're so pretty - That is one of my favorite quotes from Friends and that is what I thought about while making this jam.  When I came across this recipe, I was very excited because the recipe included three ingredients - Berries, agave and lemon.  It is a super simple recipe and the outcome is delicious.



The original recipe calls for just strawberries.  That's what I used in the first batch, but I ate all of it before I had a chance to take photos for this post.  Whoops!  I had no issues whipping up another batch of the jam, but this time I used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.  This is why the last picture has a blueberry in it since I never got to shoot the final result!  I threw in the raspberries and blueberries since I had only a handful of each and thought it wouldn't hurt.  I think you could use any combination of berries in this recipe.  Next time I will double the recipe since I am literally eating the second batch by the spoonful and it's going quickly!  I may even make a strawberry mojito version since I have fresh mint on hand.  Yum!



With Easter around the corner, this jam would make a nice hostess gift - Just put the jam in a cute jar and add some pretty ribbon or twine.  I would be completely happy if the Easter Bunny left a jar of this in my basket!


You can find the full recipe here.


No comments:

Post a Comment